Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nature Reel, Cut #1




This is my second project with my new camera... A few more lessons learned:
  • *Always*, but always carry your tripod with you.
  • Never carry your camera without a tripod.
  • Never film without your camera on a tripod.
  • Always get a good tripod with a fluid head.
  • Don't jerk around; especially when you are zoomed way in
  • Don't zoom too fast - in or out
  • Pan slowly -- slower than is usually comfortable.
  • Oh, and if I forgot to mention something about a tripod, it's a good thing to have to distinguish your movie from your neighbor's son's movie.  External motion in a video just screams amateurism. (as I quickly found out)

8 comments:

muzic4him said...

Beautiful!! Sounds like my piano!!! ;-)

Elizabeth Heffner said...

Thats a really neat clip, was some of it taken at Stone Moutain?

Sarah Heffner

Ryan H said...

@ Annie:
Thanks, I should have credited David Lanz with the music.... :)

@Sarah:
Yes, the water was taken at Stone Mountain, the cat at Luke and Rebecca's, the woods at Mocksville park, and the maple leaves out near Cleveland somewhere. The bug was on our van. :)

Anonymous said...

I learned those same things quite fast also!

Amos / Seth Haley's bro

Anonymous said...

Hi Ry...
Just found this site! Nice hiding place you have here! Uh-hem - Isn't it time to post another??

-dad

Anonymous said...

Nice video! Nature truly declares God's handiwork.

I just found your site and I think you are doing a great job so far . . .

PS: The music you chose for the video went very well with it.

Anonymous said...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anu Lal said...

KEEP YOUR GOOD WORK GOING ON.